Wednesday 6 June, 2007

Counter counter strike




The name says it all. Condition Zero, which means the only condition required to play the game is zero brains. Counter Strike or CS, as it is popularly known among the avid gamers, seems to be just the game for all those people who've been disappointed with their terribly low scores in their IQ tests.
I confess I'm not an ardent gamer.I know game addicts but I'm seriously not one myself.
I would hear my friends tell me their stories of achievements and conquests and be impressed but I simply wasn't up to it.
I decided to change that soon. I got myself the installation CD from one of my friends and lo!, i was set to begin. The game apparently has no rules or I still am not aware of them.First stop, assemble a team- I picked the best among the lot and set myself going. A gun in hand coupled with lots of excitement, i pursued my conquest to glory. Now, the whole military exercise that the game revolves around, seems very strange indeed. The terrorists (people with better guns and more bullets) apparently set up bombs and let the police know of it ( helpful blighters they are). The police,unfortunately headed by a player like me, go around looking for the bomb that 's been planted. In the midst of all this , our friends at the other end (the terrorists) keep us entertained with a few shots here and there , killing a team member or two. Now, here's the interesting part; the terrorists plant the bomb and still keep loitering around the same place with the sole purpose of entertaining us . Whats more disturbing is that the terrorists don't allow the police to defuse the bomb, neither do steer out of the place.
Then there are other features like chat, commands and more that still remain to be discovered.
Here's how a conversation typically looks like when I'm heading the police team.

Unknown fellow: Go, Go, Go!

Sir( me): hey!, can i get another gun. you see this one's pretty old .....

computer: conversation invalid. to command your team members use keys z,x,c...
with no options left i command them to 'cover me'.

10 seconds later, message flash: Cooper dead


9 second earlier, message flash: Sir's dead


2 seconds later;

Helpful Terrorist: Bomb has been planted.

1 second later, Game Over.

No comments: